15 June 2012

Gluten Free Toilet Water Rice

My best friend is probably the most hilarious person I know. She doesn't get nervous over anything... or maybe she does she just never shows it. But, she was super nervous today because of some boy and their date.

So what does she do five minutes before he gets to the apartment?

Drops her phone. In the toilet.

So I went and bought rice because apparently it has some powerful phone-saving properties. We didn't have any baggies so I made a little phone and rice concoction in a huge mixing bowl. I've never tried this whole rice thing but I thought now would be an opportune moment to try it since the phone is literally sopping with toilet water. Apparently, if you keep the phone in rice long enough it will [hopefully] absorb the [toilet] water and your phone will be as good as new! We'll see.

If not, at least Jackie can make a gluten free meal after the experiment.

So in other news, I'm getting used to the new job. Except not really. You really don't get used to the crazy people that you run into everyday. I really, really like this job though. I feel like I'm doing what I want to be doing and it's rewarding and fun at the same time. How cliché is that? But seriously. I really like the people I work with and I get to use colorful post-it notes and highlighters and I have my own desk in my own office. And I get to decorate! I think I'll bring in some of my Spain pictures to hang on the wall. I'm pretty excited!

The only thing I hate is the drive. Dan even told me I'm not allowed to call him on the way home because one second I'll be sweet and talking about everything and then the next I'll be screaming about the 88 year old woman that just slammed on her brakes in front of me. I thought I was being hilarious, he doesn't seem to think so though. I guess it's for the best anyway. I hope we can move to St. Louis next year, so we can be close to Creve Ceour and Brentwood. I'm super excited about it!

School is officially making me angry. All I want to do is graduate and I'm so close! I just have to get through like three or four more classes and then I'll be DONE! Seriously though, everything about that school makes me irritated - including but not limited to them taking over a month to process my financial aid. Oh, and they charged me for a textbook that I kept out after paying the extra semester rental fee for it... but I won't even get into that. BUT my financial aid finally went through so that's promising. Things are looking up!

Oh, and I got a surprise paycheck from Best Buy. Yayyyy Blue Crew bucks! That seriously did make my day.

So tonight I think the friends (except Jackie... because she's on a date... without a phone... while her phone is sitting drenched in rice) are going to go to the homecoming here in town. Should be really uneventful and boring but it will be something to do for a little while. Plus I guess my dad is actually going with us. It's good to get him out of the house. I realize I have some things that I really don't know if I can get over... but I don't think it's fair that he's so lonely all the time. I think my mom would want me to be a good person and to try to actually have a relationship with him. Actually, I don't know. But, I'm trying to justify it.

That's it. I'm done typing because I'm way too distracted while watching the Cardinals lose. I promise I'll do a legit post sometime soon, I just thought I'd update you on random stuff today!

Mel Marie






No comments:

Post a Comment